HIV, AIDS and ViiV Healthcare
In 2009 GSK and Pfizer came together to establish an independent company that is 100% focused on the needs of people living with HIV.
ViiV Healthcare’s aim is to re-energise the pharmaceutical industry’s participation in HIV by having a deeper and broader understanding of the needs of those who live with the virus and those who treat them.
It is committed to playing its part in improving access to medicines by taking an innovative, responsible and sustainable approach.
The company’s complete anti-retrovirals portfolio is offered at not-for-profit prices in:
- all least developed countries
- the World Bank’s low-income countries
- all of sub-Saharan Africa.
These countries, according to UNITAID, cover 75% of all the people currently living with HIV.
ViiV Healthcare continues to make great progress through community partnerships, connections and collaborations with the broader HIV community. Funding enables these communities to:
- tackle stigma and discrimination and reduce violence against at-risk populations
- test innovations in education, care and treatment
- build the grass-roots capacity of these disproportionately affected communities.