Our culture and values
Our core values are patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency. We expect our employees to share our values, to act transparently and with integrity at all times.
We motivate our employees to put our values at the heart of every decision they make through strong leadership, offering individual development opportunities and rewarding employees for how they work as well as what they achieve. We want everyone at GSK feel proud of the work that they do, the company they work for, and the difference they make.
Our values, and how we conduct ourselves, should be something that truly differentiates us."Sir Andrew Witty, Chief Executive Officer
We focus on the individual, doing what is right for patients and customers. We are committed to the highest standard of ethical medical practice and governance in our work. In addition, we are committed to an effective and responsibly managed supply chain, which is essential for our manufacturing teams to deliver high quality medicines and products to patients and consumers.
To do this we work with our partners and customers to improve healthcare and find new medicines and vaccines. We can only earn respect by taking the time to look at issues through the eyes of others and providing products of real benefit.
We make this happen by:
- Focusing on the patient's and consumer's needs in research
- Ensuring patient/consumer safety is paramount
- Ensuring product quality and reliability of supply
We are committed to performance with integrity. Doing what is right for our patients and consumers must be at the heart of every decision we make. In doing so, we demonstrate integrity in action, at every level, every day.
Living up to the standards that are rightly expected of us means we must in all interactions:
- Act legally and fairly, within the spirit of all laws, regulations and policies
- Encourage employees to speak up if something doesn't feel right or doesn't align with our values
- Make realistic commitments and keep our promises
- Look for principles, not loopholes
- Encourage employees to seek guidance when in any doubt
Respect for people
We support and inspire our colleagues to help them be the best they can be and to achieve great things. Central to this is our day-to-day working culture, which is based on the following foundations:
- We ensure our workplace is safe and free of harassment and bullying
- We actively seek, value and draw on the differing knowledge, perspectives, experience and styles present in our global community of employees
- We create an atmosphere of trust, in which concerns can be fully raised
As our business evolves to meet global challenges, so does our culture – and transparency is integral to this. For us, transparency means being honest about what we do, how we do it and the challenges we face. We are open to challenge, to discussion and to improving how we work to reflect our values.
We seek to put this into action by:
- Ensuring what we say or write is fair and honest, and not misleading or incomplete
- Providing timely, relevant, and accurate information
- Demonstrating conviction and take ownership
- Escalating important information promptly