GSK antibiotics – Enduring trust
With more than 30 years’ experience in the treatment of bacterial infections by GSK’s product line of antibiotics, we expect to continue to strengthen your trust by comprehensive commitments:
More than 30 years’ experience in antibiotics research and production1
The combination of amoxicillin trihydrate and clavulanic acid is a significant technical challenge for manufacturers because of the instability of clavulanic acid.
GSK constantly develops antibiotic formulations based on these elements: knowledge of the mechanism of action, the important role of the catalyst, and the pharmacokinetic of clavulanic acid.
- The investment in the extraction and fully automatic mix equipment helps eliminate the risk of exothermic reaction in the production process, thus helping protect the clavulanic acid.
- Amoxicillin should be produced in an environment with optimized moisture, not too moist to avoid affecting the stability of clavulanic acid nor too dry to avoid affecting the stability of amoxicillin and solubility of tablets.
- Antibiotics are film-coated tablets with aqueous film technique to control the humidity inside the tablet, which is also an important parameter for the quality and stability of the medicine.
- Through the process of strictly selecting and controlling excipients and materials, we have found a formula that helps control the breakdown of antibiotics even when being prepared in liquid state.
Trust that perserveres to protect
Our anti-counterfeit efforts 2
The counterfeiting of healthcare products represents an unacceptable threat to patient’s welfare.
We aim to protect patients worldwide from counterfeits of our products.
We recognize the role of technology to stem the flow of counterfeit products and use appropriate technology options such as:
- Overt verification tools as holograms or color shift inks
- Sophisticated covert tools such as invisible printing and digital water marks
- Consumer verification using mobile phones and texting technology
We continually review available technology solutions and carefully consider applicability of technology in different countries on any particular product based on the country’s economy, culture, infrastructure and cost base
Trust that is sustainable
- We are committed to reduce carbon footprint by 25% by 2020 (vs. 2010) and have a carbon neutral value chain by 2050
- We are committed to reduce our water impact across the value chain by 20% by 2020 (vs. 2010)
- We are committed to reduce our operational waste by 50% by 2020 (vs. 2010)
Code: VN/CAM/0034/16a CCNB 10/11/2016