Letter to HCPs- Communication with HCPs about ERS travel sponsorship 2016 via 3rd Party
As your local GSK representative, I am excited to share with you the positive changes that we are making to the ways in which we work with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs). We have listened to our customers and understand that you need access to high quality and expert information where, when and how you want it which appropriate to your current local policies. We are also responding to society’s expectations that our relationship needs to be transparent, open and without any perceived conflict of interest. We believe these changes will help us to achieve our common goal – to improve the health and quality of life of patients.
How we are changing
- Medical representatives’ performance have been evaluated based on their technical knowledge, the quality of detailing they deliver to HCPs to support improved patient care. This is to give you confidence that we put patients’ interests first in every interaction with you.
- By 2016, we are also stopping direct payments for HCPs to speak to other prescribers on our behalf about our medicines and vaccines. This is not a cost saving measure for GSK; neither is the activity inappropriate. However, patients must have confidence that a treatment decision made by an HCP is not based on financial interests with GSK.
- For the same reason, we will stop direct payments to HCPs for attendance at medical conferences by the start of 2016. Instead we will support attendance through independent third parties.
- We will transparently report payments for HCP expertise for activities like clinical research, advisory boards and market research.
We will continue to support appropriate information exchange with HCPs base on your own local law. In fact, our goal is to provide you with the high quality, balanced and objective information you need when, where and how you want it. By 2016, we will build the infrastructure needed to make information available to you through a variety of channels that are fully accessible on mobile devices, including webcasts, short online tutorials and access to GSK medical experts either online or face-to-face at a time which is convenient to you.
On this occasion, we are excited to announce you about our travel sponsorship programme for HCPs to the European Respiratory Society International Congress 2016 (ERS 2016), in detail:
- Medical Practice Consulting (MPC) is our preferred 3rd Party that will support this travel sponsorship programme. MPC will independently sort the appropriate candidates base on specific criteria and transparency in choosing the grant recipients. The grant would include registration fee, flight ticket, accommodation,….
- To ensure that you get informed via email of any future sponsorships, please visit the MPC application portal and register at: https://www.mpconsulting.co.za/register
We look forward to building positive change in the way we work together. We want to support all of you help our patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Chief representative of Representative office in Vietnam, GlaxoSmithKline Pte. Ltd
VN/SFC/0033/16c CCNB: 30 Jun 2016